Subject: Re: bug#60585: 30.0.50; global-text-scale-adjust shrinks window (was not before)

From: Gregory Heytings <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2023 15:16:07 +0000

>> I installed IceWM 3.2.3, and now I can reproduce the problem (both on 
>> the release branch and on master). It's indeed related to the window 
>> manager, because with several other window managers there is no such 
>> problem.
>
> It is also related to the toolkit, with a default build (GTK toolkit) 
> there is no such problem.
>
> Are you really sure you did not see that problem with earlier builds? 
> Here I can reproduce it with e0488f89d1, in which 
> global-text-scale-adjust was introduced.
>

I'm puzzled.  The exact same problem can be reproduced here with Emacs at 
3ac94b992c (Dec 4 2016).  I also tried earlier versions of the IceWM (up 
to 1.6.4 (Feb 2020)), and the same problem is still present, so the 
problem is not related to an upgrade of the window manager either. 
Hmmm...