Subject: Re: bug#60585: 30.0.50; global-text-scale-adjust shrinks window (was not before)

From: Jean Louis <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2023 09:43:29 +0300

* martin rudalics <[email-masked]> [2023-01-08 20:45]:
> I faintly recall that setting size hints with lucid here was completely
> broken a couple of years ago.  In the attached patch I tried to excise
> some of the changes I made to fix that then.  I also added some tracing
> information that should be dumped to a buffer called *foo*.  So please
> try the patch and if it does not work (or things even get worse) post
> the contents of *foo* here.

By following this procedure, I could apply your patch:
https://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/ApplyingPatches

I have applied the patch, and then re-compiled.

I see nothing changed, it is shrinking while using
`global-text-scale-adjust'

-- 
Jean

Take action in Free Software Foundation campaigns:
https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

In support of Richard M. Stallman
https://stallmansupport.org/