Subject: bug#60579: closed (Re: bug#60579: 28.2; gnutls-deinit doc string refers to nonexistent function)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2023 18:40:02 +0000

Your bug report

#60579: 28.2; gnutls-deinit doc string refers to nonexistent function

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
60579: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=60579
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#60579: 28.2; gnutls-deinit doc string refers to nonexistent function
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: Sean Devlin <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2023 20:40:02 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> From: Sean Devlin <[email-masked]>
> Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2023 13:25:26 -0500
> 
> The documentation string for gnutls-deinit says:
> 
> Deallocate GnuTLS resources associated with process PROC.
> See also ‘gnutls-init’.
> 
> There is no function called gnutls-init. Maybe it should say gnutls-boot
> or some other function, or maybe the second sentence should be removed
> entirely.

Thanks, fixed on the emacs-29 branch.

Subject: 28.2; gnutls-deinit doc string refers to nonexistent function
From: Sean Devlin <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2023 13:25:26 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi folks,

The documentation string for gnutls-deinit says:

Deallocate GnuTLS resources associated with process PROC.
See also ‘gnutls-init’.

There is no function called gnutls-init. Maybe it should say gnutls-boot
or some other function, or maybe the second sentence should be removed
entirely.

Thanks!

In GNU Emacs 28.2
System Description:  macOS 13

Configured using:
'configure --with-ns '--enable-locallisppath=/Library/Application
Support/Emacs/${version}/site-lisp:/Library/Application
Support/Emacs/site-lisp' --with-modules'

Configured features:
ACL GMP GNUTLS JSON LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY KQUEUE NS PDUMPER THREADS
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny dired dired-loaddefs
rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util rmail
rmail-loaddefs auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs
eieio-loaddefs password-cache json map text-property-search time-date
subr-x seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader cl-loaddefs
cl-lib sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils
iso-transl tooltip eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/ns-win ns-win ucs-normalize
mule-util term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register
page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors
frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice button
loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads kqueue cocoa ns multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 50723 6826)
(symbols 48 6552 1)
(strings 32 18282 2209)
(string-bytes 1 632241)
(vectors 16 13825)
(vector-slots 8 191495 11554)
(floats 8 21 38)
(intervals 56 202 0)
(buffers 992 10))