Subject: [bug#60571] [PATCH v2 3/4] gnu: Add icu4c-for-skia.

From: Nicolas Graves <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2023 15:37:48 +0200

On 2023-08-28 11:48, Maxim Cournoyer wrote:

> Hello!
>
> Nicolas Graves <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>
> The comments are a bit terse; I'd expound them to complete sentences
> with a tad more context.

Will try to expand a bit, but that will be hard, the commits are very
old and my memory of this mostly faded.

>
> I'm confused here; we re-run the configure script post installation?
> How does that work?  If that's really needed it needs a proper
> explanatory comment.

IIRC, since we use this version of icu4c to run tests, we needed to
also build some "data". It's rather a reconfiguration to build data
rather than a re-run of the configuration script post-installation.

>
> The rest looks good!  It's seems a tricky package, well done!  Could you
> please send a v2 with the above suggestions/comments taken into account?

Doing so 

--
Best regards,
Nicolas Graves