Subject: 29.0.60; Eglot+pyright freeze Emacs when edit a single file in Home director

From: Eason Huang <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2023 16:57:16 +0800

Hi Emacs dev team,

I use Emacs 29 with eglot + pyright， Eglot will freeze Emacs when editing
a single test.py file.

Steps to reproduce：
On macOS, only pyright is installed on the system
1. install pyright
```
$ sudo npm install -g pyright
$ pyright --version
pyright 1.1.286

```
2. C-x C-f ~/test.py Open a python file and I just want to test some simple code.
3. M-x eglot At this point, Emacs freezes and the find program takes up 99% of the
system's resources. Finally, you has to force quit Emacs.

I guess this is because Eglot will delegate project.el to search the entire
`~/` directory by the program `find`.

If I use git to manage my test.py file, the issue is gone.

I am using Emacs 29 with commit:
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/commit/?h=emacs-29&id=2569ede9c496bb060e0b88428cb541088aaba1f9

--
Eason Huang

In GNU Emacs 29.0.60 (build 1, x86_64-apple-darwin22.2.0, NS
 appkit-2299.30 Version 13.1 (Build 22C65)) of 2023-01-02 built on
 macbook
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.2299
System Description:  macOS 13.1

Configured using:
 'configure --with-native-compilation=aot 'CPPFLAGS=-I/opt/local/include
 -isysroot/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX.sdk'
 'LDFLAGS=-L/opt/local/lib -Wl,-headerpad_max_install_names -Wl,-rpath
 /opt/local/lib/gcc12
 -Wl,-syslibroot,/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX.sdk
 -arch x86_64''

Configured features:
ACL GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS JPEG JSON LCMS2 LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP
NOTIFY KQUEUE NS PDUMPER PNG RSVG SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER WEBP XIM ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_CTYPE: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Python

Minor modes in effect:
  eglot--managed-mode: t
  flymake-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message mailcap yank-media puny rfc822
mml mml-sec epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils
files-x find-dired dired dired-loaddefs grep time-date eglot
external-completion array filenotify jsonrpc ert pp ewoc debug backtrace
find-func xref flymake-proc flymake thingatpt compile
text-property-search url-util url-parse auth-source eieio eieio-core
password-cache json map url-vars imenu vc-svn python project byte-opt
pcase treesit comint ansi-osc ring cl-loaddefs comp comp-cstr warnings
icons subr-x rx cl-seq cl-macs gv cl-extra help-mode bytecomp
byte-compile cl-lib ansi-color rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel
term/ns-win ns-win ucs-normalize mule-util term/common-win tool-bar dnd
fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow
isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs
theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads kqueue cocoa ns lcms2
multi-tty make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 139166 11475)
 (symbols 48 11664 0)
 (strings 32 35088 1771)
 (string-bytes 1 1137571)
 (vectors 16 26979)
 (vector-slots 8 519329 21535)
 (floats 8 53 23)
 (intervals 56 269 0)
 (buffers 984 16))