Subject: Re: bug#60568: [FR] 30.0.50; Help buffers and function bodies for generated functions

From: Jean Louis <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2023 20:03:03 +0300

* Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> [2023-01-05 11:11]:
> You basically ignore the valid objections voiced against such a
> feature, and present a specific case where (a) the source code is
> extremely short, and (b) the existing Help facilities are less than
> helpful because they have a deficiency.  How does it follow from the
> specific use case you present that we must show the source code in
> Help buffers?

I have understood that as a button, hyperlink to source, like

ignore is an interactive byte-compiled Lisp function in ‘subr.el’.

whereby ‘subr.el’ would be the button to the source, and if it can't
be found in the file, then temporary buffer may be displayed to tell
what or how function is defined, like by using `symbol-function'
function. 

--
Jean

Take action in Free Software Foundation campaigns:
https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

In support of Richard M. Stallman
https://stallmansupport.org/