Subject: [bug#60564] [PATCH] scripts: refresh: Add -T option.

From: Josselin Poiret <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 04 Mar 2023 11:51:37 +0100

Hi jgart and Maxim,

Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]> writes:

> Nothing immediately, but we'd have to honor T forever as it'd be part of
> the public CLI, loosing that letter for something more useful that may
> yet to appear.
>
> Probably an overblown concern, to be honest, eh.
>
> I'll see what Josselin says about it, otherwise I'll push it soon.

I'm on the fence as well, it doesn't seem like something you would use
very often, compared to eg. `-l` or `-u`, especially if you mention that
you would use the option more often if this was implemented (I'd expect
more of a "I use it all the time but typing it is annoying"). `guix
size` and `guix graph` are the more useful commands imho. What do you
use it for specifically (maybe that would help us understand the
use-case a bit more)?

At the same time, it's probably fine, we don't have many options for
`guix refresh` and it's not like dozens of them will get added overnight
(and they maybe don't deserve a short argument either).  I'll leave it
in your hands 🤠.

Best,
-- 
Josselin Poiret