Subject: bug#60559: 29.0.60; "Cannot activate tree-sitter" spam

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2023 10:54:21 +0200

> From: Ihor Radchenko <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked],
>  [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked],
>  [email-masked], [email-masked]
> Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2023 08:42:31 +0000
> 
> Ihor Radchenko <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > The above steps only work on master.
> 
> That said, is the approach when require produce side effects a good
> approach? I have been told in another thread that side effects during
> loading should be avoided if possible - they may create surprises to
> users.

Yes, this "should be avoided if possible".  So if someone shows a way
of doing this some other way, but without adding any additional
complexity wrt what the user should do to activate these modes, I'm
all ears.