Subject: bug#60555: 29.0.50; Some clarification is needed about "smaller" and "larger" Tree-sitter nodes

From: Daniel Martín <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2023 10:44:55 +0100

>
> I think these micro-changes are basically splitting hair, and the text
> you propose will almost certainly be less clear for someone.  If the
> original text is unclear, the way to fix that is to rewrite it in a
> completely different way.  If you try explaining what exactly confuses
> you, maybe I could come up with such a rewrite.  I cannot myself
> understand what's unclear, because to me it sounds very clear and
> simple to understand.  So I need your help.  Try to recollect what
> confused you when you first read this.

My main confusion happened after reading this sentence:

  We talk about a node being “smaller” or “larger”, and “lower” or
“higher”.

That made me think there are two different dimensions we classify nodes:
"Size", that is, if the node is small or large, and "height", that is,
if it is low or high.  I was hoping to learn the differences between
"size" and "height" in the rest of the text, but the text didn't make it
clear to me because it only talks about "smaller and lower" and "larger
and higher".  What about "smaller and higher", or "larger and lower"?
Are they possible at all?  After reading everything, I got the idea that
the terms may actually be synonyms, but I was not 100% sure.  I feel we
could make this more clear from the start.

All of this is my perspective as a non-native English speaker.  Hope
this helps.

Thanks.