Subject: Re: bug#60545: Keras h5py Version Mismatch

From: zimoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2023 15:40:41 +0100

Hi,

On Wed, 04 Jan 2023 at 01:37, Zacchaeus Scheffer <[email-masked]> wrote:

> working (pip): keras 2.10.0, h5py 3.7.0
> not working (current guix): keras 2.2.4, h5py 3.6.0

Indeed, it is collateral to ea403bf290f4bf8c7bae314e32dbb90653f92996

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
gnu: python-h5py: Update to 3.6.0.

* gnu/packages/python-xyz.scm (python-h5py): Update to 3.6.0.
[arguments]: Set HDF5_DIR variable instead of patching files.
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Well, the update of Keras to 2.11.0 (the current latest) requires some
work.  First, fetch from Github instead of PyPI because the sources are
not available after v2.6.0; e.g.,

    https://pypi.org/project/keras/2.11.0/#files

Then, second adapt the recipe.  Do you want to give a try?

Cheers,
simon