Subject: Re: bug#60545: Keras h5py Version Mismatch

From: Zacchaeus Scheffer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2023 23:01:16 +0000

Hi,

I should probably mention that I am not looking into this.  I want to learn more guix, but keras and the additional dependencies required for later versions is kind of a monster to me at the moment.

Thanks,
Zacchae
________________________________
From: zimoun <[email-masked]>
Sent: Friday, January 6, 2023 6:40 AM
To: Zacchaeus Scheffer <[email-masked]>; [email-masked] <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: bug#60545: Keras h5py Version Mismatch

CAUTION: Email originated externally, do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe.

Hi,

On Wed, 04 Jan 2023 at 01:37, Zacchaeus Scheffer <[email-masked]> wrote:

> working (pip): keras 2.10.0, h5py 3.7.0
> not working (current guix): keras 2.2.4, h5py 3.6.0

Indeed, it is collateral to ea403bf290f4bf8c7bae314e32dbb90653f92996

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
gnu: python-h5py: Update to 3.6.0.

* gnu/packages/python-xyz.scm (python-h5py): Update to 3.6.0.
[arguments]: Set HDF5_DIR variable instead of patching files.
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Well, the update of Keras to 2.11.0 (the current latest) requires some
work.  First, fetch from Github instead of PyPI because the sources are
not available after v2.6.0; e.g.,

    https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__pypi.org_project_keras_2.11.0_-23files&d=DwIBAg&c=7dfBJ8cXbWjhc0BhImu8wVIoUFmBzj1s88r8EGyM0UY&r=1moyBSYvgSFmdTYHNEHEwakZGFkPl3pixLezH1qWWXFZPpSXOvpoeGr4XIg6G8V0&m=NqD4egq46utBpoyT-8Gr6A3lESGvdg2j7CIMrB0r_y4I-pFRV2Gxn2-Lb7s7tsyD&s=Ro23h-Sd5x7VKOXeIYl4j5KGqDMAyZprruKUgdacbCo&e=

Then, second adapt the recipe.  Do you want to give a try?

Cheers,
simon