Subject: Re: bug#6053: cp, ls, and mv bug: unknown error (252)

From: Eric Blake <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Aug 2010 12:22:14 -0600

On 08/09/2010 11:50 AM, Callahan, Patrick M. wrote:
> After applying the patch-I think I have the entire diff-against 8.4 I received the error paraphrasing here unresolved symbol ACL_NOT_WELL_SUPPORTED in ../lib/libcoreutils.a[copy-acl.o].  I quickly forced this define to continue the build.  With this change I no longer see the unsupported warnings on an ls.

But ACL_NOT_WELL_SUPPORTED should already be defined in acl-internal.h,
for all but MacOS and Tru64.  Oh, maybe I see the problem:

#if USE_ACL
# if HAVE_ACL_GET_FILE
#  if defined __APPLE__ && defined __MACH__ /* MacOS X */
#  elif defined EOPNOTSUPP /* Tru64 NFS */
#  else
#   define ACL_NOT_WELL_SUPPORTED(Err) \

     ((Err) == ENOTSUP || (Err) == ENOSYS || (Err) == EINVAL || (Err) ==
EBUSY)
#  endif
# elif HAVE_ACL && defined GETACL /* Solaris, Cygwin, not HP-UX */
...

Sounds like we need to float that definition higher.  Just to
double-check, what exactly did you define it to?  And can you confirm
what config.h contains for USE_ACL and HAVE_ACL_GET_FILE?

In other words, Pádraig's patch is incomplete until we also tweak
acl-internal.h.

-- 
Eric Blake   [email-masked]    +1-801-349-2682
Libvirt virtualization library http://libvirt.org