Subject: [bug#60521] [PATCH] home: Add home-stow-migration-service.

From: Sergey Trofimov <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2024 19:34:57 +0100

Giacomo <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi Sergey ,
>
> Whether the stow manual mandates/suggests a given layout was 
> analyzed here [0].
>
> The workflow you describe is not the only one possible and the 
> app list is not mandatory. Only when -d is used, please look at 
> my
> e-mail.

I might be missing it, but how can I make stow do its job without 
specifying which packages to install?

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
stow (GNU Stow) version 2.3.1

SYNOPSIS:

    stow [OPTION ...] [-D|-S|-R] PACKAGE ... [-D|-S|-R] PACKAGE 
    ...
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

When I omit the package list from the command it returns "stow: No 
packages to stow or unstow"

>
> Anyway, if the current implementation works with your directory 
> layout could you please share your home-dotfiles-configuration?
>

Don't use it yet, because it only supports exlusions and I need 
"inclusions".
This would work, but doesn't look pretty

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
(service home-dotfiles-service-type
  (home-dotfiles-configuration
    (directories (list ".."))
    (excluded (list "\\.git" "README.md" "emacs" "xmonad" ...))))
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

This would be optimal:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
(service home-dotfiles-service-type
  (home-dotfiles-configuration
    (packages (list "../backup" "../android" ...))))
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---