Subject: [PATCH 0/4] Tests for 'guix refresh'

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2023 17:44:39 +0100

Hi!

Following the discussion at
<https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2022-12/msg00311.html>,
I thought it’s about time to have tests for the ‘guix refresh’ CLI
(so far we had tests for importers, for (guix gnu-maintenance), and
for (guix upstream), but that did not cover the logic in ‘guix refresh’
itself as we’ve seen).

The strategy is to define a “pseudo updater”: the test defines an
environment variable that specifies which package updates the updater
should simulate, and then we go on using ‘guix refresh’.

Thoughts?

Ludo’.

Ludovic Courtès (4):
  gnu-maintenance: Factorize 'false-if-networking-failure'.
  gnu-maintenance: 'gnu' and 'gnu-ftp' predicates catch networking
    errors.
  import: stackage: Catch networking errors in predicate.
  refresh: Add CLI tests.

 Makefile.am              |   4 +-
 guix/gnu-maintenance.scm |  31 ++++-------
 guix/import/stackage.scm |  15 ++---
 guix/import/test.scm     |  88 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 guix/import/utils.scm    |  24 +++++++-
 tests/guix-refresh.sh    | 117 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 6 files changed, 251 insertions(+), 28 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 guix/import/test.scm
 create mode 100644 tests/guix-refresh.sh

base-commit: 473692b812b4ab4267d9bddad0fb27787d2112ff
-- 
2.38.1