Subject: Is this "ln" bug?

From: "Hoisko, Sakari (EXT-TietoEnator - FI/Tampere)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 16:16:41 +0300

Hi,

Do you have some reason why -f (forced) parameter works ok if
destionation where link point is a file, then it could update link by
using forced mode.
If destionation where link point is folder then -f parameter not update
link in this situation.

	[user@server linkki_testi]$ ll
	total 16
	drwxrwxr-x  4 user xxx 4096 Apr 27 14:21 .
	drwxrwxr-x  9 user xxx 4096 Apr 27 14:20 ..
	drwxrwxr-x  2 user xxx 4096 Apr 27 14:21 EKA_DIR
	drwxrwxr-x  2 user xxx 4096 Apr 27 14:21 TOKA_DIR
	[user@server linkki_testi]$ ln -sf
/home/user/tmp/linkki_testi/EKA_DIR
/home/user/tmp/linkki_testi/linkki_DIR
	[user@server linkki_testi]$ ll
	total 16
	drwxrwxr-x  4 user xxx 4096 Apr 27 14:21 .
	drwxrwxr-x  9 user xxx 4096 Apr 27 14:20 ..
	drwxrwxr-x  2 user xxx 4096 Apr 27 14:21 EKA_DIR
	lrwxrwxrwx  1 user xxx   39 Apr 27 14:21 linkki_DIR ->
/home/user/tmp/linkki_testi/EKA_DIR
	drwxrwxr-x  2 user xxx 4096 Apr 27 14:21 TOKA_DIR
	[user@server linkki_testi]$ ln -sf
/home/user/tmp/linkki_testi/TOKA_DIR
/home/user/tmp/linkki_testi/linkki_DIR
	[user@server linkki_testi]$ ll
	total 16
	drwxrwxr-x  4 user xxx 4096 Apr 27 14:21 .
	drwxrwxr-x  9 user xxx 4096 Apr 27 14:20 ..
	drwxrwxr-x  2 user xxx 4096 Apr 27 14:22 EKA_DIR
	lrwxrwxrwx  1 user xxx   39 Apr 27 14:21 linkki_DIR ->
/home/user/tmp/linkki_testi/EKA_DIR
	drwxrwxr-x  2 user xxx 4096 Apr 27 14:21 TOKA_DIR
	[user@server linkki_testi]$
	As you could see link still point to "EKA_DIR"... it should
point to "TOKA_DIR" because there was -f parameter defined in ln
command. 

BR.
-sakke