Subject: bug#60510: 30.0.50; [PATCH] Do not put pointer on first menu item in no-toolkit build

From: Manuel Giraud <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2023 11:03:31 +0100

Hi,

In no-toolkit build, when a menu appears the mouse pointer is on the
first menu entry by default.  This means that a quick mouse
click/release will select this first entry.  This patch, let the pointer
on the menu title by default.  It seems to me to be a better default
compared to what lucid build does for instance.  WDYT?

>From a39c62a9c99df57fa5abe06409bd73270a1d4ebb Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: Manuel Giraud <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2023 22:07:58 +0100
Subject: [PATCH] * oldXMenu/Internal.c (_XMTransToOrigin): Don't move to the
 first selection.

---
 oldXMenu/Internal.c | 4 ++--
 1 file changed, 2 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)

diff --git a/oldXMenu/Internal.c b/oldXMenu/Internal.c
index cf4960cd113..65b61602fd2 100644
--- a/oldXMenu/Internal.c
+++ b/oldXMenu/Internal.c
@@ -853,10 +853,10 @@ _XMTransToOrigin(Display *display, register XMenu *menu, register XMPane *p_ptr,
 	l_orig_y = y_pos - (menu->s_height >> 1);
 
 	/*
-	 * Then translate to the upper left of the current pane window.
+	 * Then translate to the upper left of the current pane
+	 * window.  Do not move y to the first selection.
 	 */
 	l_orig_x -= (s_ptr->window_x + menu->p_bdr_width);
-	l_orig_y -= (s_ptr->window_y + menu->p_bdr_width);
     }
 
     /*
-- 
2.39.0

In GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-unknown-openbsd7.2, cairo version
 1.17.6) of 2023-01-02 built on computer
Repository revision: a39c62a9c99df57fa5abe06409bd73270a1d4ebb
Repository branch: mgi/menu-title
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101004
System Description: OpenBSD computer 7.2 GENERIC.MP#903 amd64

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/home/manuel/emacs --bindir=/home/manuel/bin
 --with-x-toolkit=no --without-sound --without-compress-install
 CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/lib'

Configured features:
CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON
LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY KQUEUE OLDXMENU PDUMPER PNG RSVG
SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TREE_SITTER WEBP X11 XDBE XIM XINPUT2 XPM ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Dired by name

Minor modes in effect:
  gnus-dired-mode: t
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  magit-auto-revert-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  display-battery-mode: t
  server-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  repeat-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/ef-themes-0.10.0/theme-loaddefs hides /home/manuel/emacs/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/theme-loaddefs
/home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/transient-0.3.7/transient hides /home/manuel/emacs/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/transient

Features:
(shadow emacsbug dabbrev modus-vivendi-deuteranopia-theme
modus-operandi-deuteranopia-theme modus-vivendi-tinted-theme
modus-operandi-tinted-theme modus-vivendi-theme tabify cus-start
cl-print descr-text goto-addr bug-reference ibuf-ext ibuffer
ibuffer-loaddefs help-fns radix-tree view wdired nnselect gnus-search
vc-hg vc-bzr tramp-cache time-stamp tramp-sh shr-color mailalias
misearch multi-isearch sort gnus-cite mail-extr textsec uni-scripts
idna-mapping ucs-normalize uni-confusable textsec-check gnus-async
gnus-bcklg gnus-ml gnus-topic mm-archive qp utf-7 net-utils pulse
url-http url-gw url-cache url-auth imap rfc2104 nndoc nndraft nnmh
nnfolder nnml gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual nntp
gnus-cache nnrss mm-url w3m doc-view jka-compr image-mode exif w3m-hist
w3m-fb bookmark-w3m w3m-ems w3m-favicon w3m-image tab-line w3m-proc
w3m-util sh-script smie treesit executable network-stream nsm vc-git
vc-dispatcher vc-svn whitespace gnus-dired magit-patch magit-extras
face-remap magit-bookmark magit-submodule magit-obsolete magit-blame
magit-stash magit-reflog magit-bisect magit-push magit-pull magit-fetch
magit-clone magit-remote magit-commit magit-sequence magit-notes
magit-worktree magit-tag magit-merge magit-branch magit-reset
magit-files magit-refs magit-status magit magit-repos magit-apply
magit-wip magit-log which-func imenu magit-diff smerge-mode diff
diff-mode git-commit log-edit pcvs-util add-log magit-core
magit-autorevert autorevert filenotify magit-margin magit-transient
magit-process with-editor magit-mode transient magit-git magit-section
magit-utils dash paredit edmacro time battery exwm-randr xcb-randr
exwm-config exwm exwm-input xcb-keysyms xcb-xkb exwm-manage
exwm-floating xcb-cursor xcb-render exwm-layout exwm-workspace exwm-core
xcb-ewmh xcb-icccm xcb xcb-xproto xcb-types xcb-debug kmacro server
stimmung-themes modus-operandi-theme modus-themes ytdious osm mingus
libmpdee reporter edebug debug backtrace transmission diary-lib
diary-loaddefs color calc-bin calc-ext calc calc-loaddefs rect calc-macs
w3m-load mu4e mu4e-org mu4e-main mu4e-view mu4e-headers mu4e-compose
mu4e-draft mu4e-actions smtpmail mu4e-search mu4e-lists mu4e-bookmarks
mu4e-mark mu4e-message flow-fill mule-util hl-line mu4e-contacts
mu4e-update mu4e-folders mu4e-server mu4e-context mu4e-vars mu4e-helpers
mu4e-config bookmark ido supercite regi ebdb-message ebdb-gnus gnus-msg
gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime gnutls dig gnus-sum shr
pixel-fill kinsoku url-file svg dom gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start
gnus-dbus gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 nnoo gnus-spec
gnus-int gnus-range message sendmail yank-media puny rfc822 mml mml-sec
epa epg rfc6068 epg-config mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win gnus
nnheader gnus-util mail-utils range mm-util mail-prsvr ebdb-mua ebdb-com
crm ebdb-format ebdb mailabbrev eieio-opt cl-extra help-mode speedbar
ezimage dframe eieio-base pcase timezone org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob
ob-table ob-exp org-macro org-src ob-comint org-pcomplete org-list
org-footnote org-faces org-entities ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval
org-cycle org-table ol org-fold org-fold-core org-keys oc org-loaddefs
find-func cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs org-version org-compat org-macs
visual-basic-mode cl web-mode derived disp-table erlang-start
smart-tabs-mode skeleton cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds
cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs slime-asdf grep slime-tramp
tramp tramp-loaddefs trampver tramp-integration cus-edit cus-load
wid-edit files-x tramp-compat rx shell pcomplete parse-time iso8601
time-date ls-lisp format-spec slime-fancy slime-indentation
slime-cl-indent cl-indent slime-trace-dialog slime-fontifying-fu
slime-package-fu slime-references slime-compiler-notes-tree advice
slime-scratch slime-presentations bridge slime-macrostep macrostep
slime-mdot-fu slime-enclosing-context slime-fuzzy slime-fancy-trace
slime-fancy-inspector slime-c-p-c slime-editing-commands slime-autodoc
slime-repl slime-parse slime compile text-property-search etags fileloop
generator xref project arc-mode archive-mode noutline outline icons pp
comint ansi-osc ansi-color ring hyperspec thingatpt slime-autoloads
dired-aux dired-x dired dired-loaddefs notifications dbus xml repeat
easy-mmode stimmung-themes-autoloads rust-mode-autoloads ebdb-autoloads
magit-autoloads debbugs-autoloads git-commit-autoloads
magit-section-autoloads ef-themes-autoloads with-editor-autoloads
paredit-autoloads dash-autoloads ytdious-autoloads
transmission-autoloads transient-autoloads exwm-autoloads
hyperbole-autoloads detached-autoloads info package browse-url url
url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse
auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs password-cache json subr-x
map byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile url-vars cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc
iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register
page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors
frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic indonesian philippine
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure
cl-preloaded button loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp
files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads dbusbind kqueue lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting cairo xinput2 x multi-tty make-network-process
emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 1043349 404008)
 (symbols 48 74133 18)
 (strings 32 356163 11156)
 (string-bytes 1 10535845)
 (vectors 16 187417)
 (vector-slots 8 3603012 150343)
 (floats 8 647 583)
 (intervals 56 17957 2468)
 (buffers 984 53))

-- 
Manuel Giraud