Subject: bug#54042: closed (Re: bug#60505: 29.0.60; Fido Mode and Tramp Completion)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2023 19:28:03 +0000

Your bug report

#60505: 29.0.50; fido-mode and ssh not listing hosts

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
60505: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=60505
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#60505: 29.0.60; Fido Mode and Tramp Completion
From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
To: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
Cc: Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]>, Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], Gregory Heytings <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2023 20:26:51 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Version: 29.2

Michael Albinus <[email-masked]> writes:

> There are still some cases it doesn't work as expected (user name
> completion to be mentioned); I'll continue to work on this.

This works now fine, and also multi-hop completion passes the tests. I'm
closing this bug (and the merged ones).

Best regards, Michael.

Subject: 29.0.50; fido-mode and ssh not listing hosts
From: Ergus <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2022 15:47:57 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi:

Recently I have found that icomplete does not offer host completions
after /ssh:

After some check I got this minimal snippet:

emacs -Q
M-x fido-mode
C-x C-f /ssh:<tab>

Somehow fido mode removes the latest colon (:) and tries to get
completion for /ssh so not host are shown (even in the completions
buffer).

If I choose at this point some of the options (sshx:, ssh:, sshfs:) it a
buffer `ssh:` is created at / (read only of course.)

trying a bit more like:

C-x C-f /ssh:m<tab> (I have many servers starting with m in my ssh config)

It does not show anything as completion but shows [No matches] while
normally in *Completions* appear all the hosts defined in .ssh/config.

I tried with icomplete and the problem seems to be only with fido.

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 73, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.31, cairo version 1.17.4)
 of 2022-02-16 built on Ergus
Repository revision: 8737d79be8f82bb12ca12dc1a7de37a4d2875f39
Repository branch: master
System Description: Arch Linux

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/home/ergo/.local/ --with-mailutils --with-json
 --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-xft --with-wide-int --with-modules
 --with-cairo --with-harfbuzz --with-native-compilation --with-pgtk'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
JSON LCMS2 LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER
PGTK PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
WEBP XIM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  xclip-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  flyspell-mode: t
  company-mode: t
  flycheck-mode: t
  diff-hl-margin-mode: t
  composable-mark-mode: t
  composable-mode: t
  fido-vertical-mode: t
  icomplete-vertical-mode: t
  icomplete-mode: t
  fido-mode: t
  repeat-mode: t
  xterm-mouse-mode: t
  minibuffer-depth-indicate-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  save-place-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  global-display-fill-column-indicator-mode: t
  display-fill-column-indicator-mode: t
  global-display-line-numbers-mode: t
  display-line-numbers-mode: t
  which-key-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  context-menu-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  size-indication-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
~/gits/emacs_clones/composable/composable-mark hides /home/ergo/.config/emacs/elpa/composable-20201024.1458/composable-mark
~/gits/emacs_clones/composable/composable hides /home/ergo/.config/emacs/elpa/composable-20201024.1458/composable
/home/ergo/.config/emacs/elpa/transient-20220216.2303/transient hides /home/ergo/.local/share/emacs/29.0.50/lisp/transient

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr autorevert filenotify xclip emacsbug message
mailcap yank-media rmc puny rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa
derived epg rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util text-property-search time-date
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils
mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr
mail-utils elec-pair flyspell-correct flyspell ispell company-semantic
company-template company-capf company flycheck ansi-color json map
find-func dash pcase diff-hl-margin diff-hl-dired advice dired
dired-loaddefs diff-hl log-view pcvs-util vc-dir ewoc vc vc-dispatcher
diff-mode cape term/tmux term/xterm xterm init composable
composable-mark icomplete repeat xt-mouse edmacro kmacro mb-depth
simple-16-theme winner ring saveplace delsel savehist
display-fill-column-indicator display-line-numbers diminish which-key
cl-extra help-mode use-package use-package-ensure use-package-delight
use-package-diminish use-package-bind-key bind-key easy-mmode
use-package-core disp-table info ede/auto eieio-base cl-seq eieio seq
subr-x byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cconv eieio-core cl-macs gv
eieio-loaddefs cl-loaddefs cl-lib tex-site rx slime-autoloads early-init
iso-transl tooltip eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/pgtk-win pgtk-win term/common-win
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace
newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray
cl-preloaded nadvice button loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files
window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages
mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote threads
dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
cairo gtk pgtk lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process native-compile
emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 185154 26978)
 (symbols 48 14286 0)
 (strings 32 51271 5428)
 (string-bytes 1 1740902)
 (vectors 16 21827)
 (vector-slots 8 379766 240772)
 (floats 8 107 1255)
 (intervals 56 762 0)
 (buffers 992 10))