Subject: bug#53513: closed (Re: bug#60505: 29.0.60; Fido Mode and Tramp Completion)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2023 19:28:03 +0000

Your bug report

#60505: 28.0.50; fido-vertical-mode does not work with tramp

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
60505: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=60505
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#60505: 29.0.60; Fido Mode and Tramp Completion
From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
To: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
Cc: Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]>, Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], Gregory Heytings <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2023 20:26:51 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Version: 29.2

Michael Albinus <[email-masked]> writes:

> There are still some cases it doesn't work as expected (user name
> completion to be mentioned); I'll continue to work on this.

This works now fine, and also multi-hop completion passes the tests. I'm
closing this bug (and the merged ones).

Best regards, Michael.

Subject: 28.0.50; fido-vertical-mode does not work with tramp
From: [email-masked]
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2022 19:49:56 +0000 (GMT)
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

emacs -Q
C-x C-f
type: "//ssh:" -> expectation: start completion, first host, then
directories / files on host. However, nothing meaningful happens...

Note: with only fido-mode, it is possible to open a tramp connection,
but trying to change the directory deletes the whole line (//ssh:...)
instead of only the directory. This means one has to start from scratch
typing the connection details etc.

In GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-apple-darwin20.6.0, NS appkit-2022.60 Version 11.5.2 (Build 20G95))
 of 2021-09-05 built on Zwei.local
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.2022
System Description:  macOS 11.6.2

Configured using:
 'configure --disable-dependency-tracking --disable-silent-rules
 --enable-locallisppath=/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --infodir=/usr/local/Cellar/emacs-plus@28/28.0.50/share/info/emacs
 --prefix=/usr/local/Cellar/emacs-plus@28/28.0.50 --with-xml2
 --with-gnutls --with-native-compilation --without-dbus
 --with-imagemagick --with-modules --with-rsvg --with-ns
 --disable-ns-self-contained 'CFLAGS=-I/usr/local/opt/gcc/include
 -I/usr/local/opt/libgccjit/include -I/usr/local/opt/gmp/include
 -I/usr/local/opt/jpeg/include' 'LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/lib/gcc/11
 -I/usr/local/opt/gcc/include -I/usr/local/opt/libgccjit/include
 -I/usr/local/opt/gmp/include -I/usr/local/opt/jpeg/include''

Configured features:
ACL GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS IMAGEMAGICK JPEG JSON LCMS2 LIBXML2 MODULES
NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY KQUEUE NS PDUMPER PNG RSVG THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS XIM ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_GB.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  fido-vertical-mode: t
  icomplete-vertical-mode: t
  icomplete-mode: t
  fido-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug comp comp-cstr warnings rx cl-extra
help-mode message rmc puny rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg rfc6068
epg-config gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs text-property-search mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils vc-hg
vc-git diff-mode easy-mmode vc-bzr vc-dispatcher cus-start cus-load
icomplete dired-aux misearch multi-isearch dired dired-loaddefs
tramp-cmds tramp-sh tramp-cache tramp tramp-loaddefs trampver
tramp-integration files-x tramp-compat shell pcomplete comint ansi-color
ring parse-time iso8601 ls-lisp format-spec auth-source cl-seq eieio
eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache json map seq byte-opt
gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv time-date subr-x cl-loaddefs cl-lib
iso-transl tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel term/ns-win ns-win ucs-normalize mule-util
term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice button
loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads kqueue cocoa ns lcms2
multi-tty make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 126397 7806)
 (symbols 48 11268 1)
 (strings 32 32874 1970)
 (string-bytes 1 1097278)
 (vectors 16 21173)
 (vector-slots 8 418334 33292)
 (floats 8 39 233)
 (intervals 56 468 140)
 (buffers 992 13))