Subject: bug#52758: closed (Re: bug#60505: 29.0.60; Fido Mode and Tramp Completion)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2023 19:28:03 +0000

Your bug report

#60505: 29.0.50; Fido mode doesn't complete ssh hosts

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
60505: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=60505
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#60505: 29.0.60; Fido Mode and Tramp Completion
From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
To: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
Cc: Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]>, Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], Gregory Heytings <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2023 20:26:51 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Version: 29.2

Michael Albinus <[email-masked]> writes:

> There are still some cases it doesn't work as expected (user name
> completion to be mentioned); I'll continue to work on this.

This works now fine, and also multi-hop completion passes the tests. I'm
closing this bug (and the merged ones).

Best regards, Michael.

Subject: 29.0.50; Fido mode doesn't complete ssh hosts
From: Bird <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2021 17:23:50 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

If I have a host alias configured in ~/.ssh/config, then fido mode won't
complete that while using path like: /ssh:dom<tab>
The default emacs completion does complete the host alias.

To reproduce,

a. Add an entry on ~/.ssh/config like:

Host newname
     Port 22
     HostName domain.tld

Where domain.tld can be any address that can be used with ssh.

b. Start emacs -Q then

C-x C-f /ssh:ne<tab>

Here, you can see that it is completed.

c. Enable fido mode and try step b again.  This time, there is no
completion.

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 4, x86_64-pc-linux-musl, X toolkit, cairo version 1.16.0, Xaw scroll bars)
 of 2021-11-20 built on laptop
Repository revision: 560a6c35cb274af6b79f89eddbdbb2fd6c00e2b0
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12014000
System Description: void

Configured using:
 'configure --with-imagemagick --with-cairo --with-modules
 --without-dbus --without-gconf --without-gsettings
 --with-x-toolkit=lucid --prefix=/usr'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS HARFBUZZ IMAGEMAGICK JPEG JSON
LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP
SOUND THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS X11 XDBE XIM XPM LUCID ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_COLLATE: C
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Group

Minor modes in effect:
  gnus-undo-mode: t
  pdf-occur-global-minor-mode: t
  global-display-fill-column-indicator-mode: t
  global-display-line-numbers-mode: t
  display-line-numbers-mode: t
  repeat-mode: t
  fido-vertical-mode: t
  icomplete-vertical-mode: t
  icomplete-mode: t
  fido-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort flyspell ispell mail-extr emacsbug sendmail utf-7 imap
rfc2104 nndraft nnmh nnml gnutls network-stream nsm nnfolder nnnil
gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual gnus-msg gnus-art
mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime dig nntp gnus-cache gnus-sum shr
kinsoku svg dom gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-dbus dbus xml
gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 netrc nnoo parse-time
gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message yank-media rmc puny rfc822 mml
mml-sec epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win gnus
nnheader gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mail-utils mm-util mail-prsvr tsdh-dark-theme collegenotes org-tempo org
ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-macro org-footnote
org-src ob-comint org-pcomplete pcomplete org-list org-faces
org-entities noutline outline org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval
org-table oc-basic bibtex iso8601 time-date ol rx org-keys oc org-compat
org-macs org-loaddefs cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs tempo pdf-occur
ibuf-ext ibuffer ibuffer-loaddefs tablist tablist-filter
semantic/wisent/comp semantic/wisent semantic/wisent/wisent
semantic/util-modes semantic/util semantic semantic/tag semantic/lex
semantic/fw mode-local find-func cedet pdf-isearch let-alist pdf-misc
imenu pdf-tools compile comint ansi-color ring cus-edit cus-load
wid-edit pdf-view bookmark text-property-search pp jka-compr pdf-cache
pdf-info tq pdf-util advice format-spec pdf-macs image-mode dired
dired-loaddefs exif cl-extra use-package-ensure use-package-core
easy-mmode display-fill-column-indicator display-line-numbers repeat
icomplete help-mode info package browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy
url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util
mailcap url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core
cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache json map url-vars seq gv subr-x
byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib iso-transl
tooltip eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace
newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray
cl-preloaded nadvice button loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files
window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages
mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote threads
inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting font-render-setting cairo x-toolkit x
multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 236946 21565)
 (symbols 48 25124 4)
 (strings 32 85598 4364)
 (string-bytes 1 2874364)
 (vectors 16 45466)
 (vector-slots 8 533999 22087)
 (floats 8 306 265)
 (intervals 56 399 0)
 (buffers 992 21))