Subject: bug#60505: closed (Re: bug#60505: 29.0.60; Fido Mode and Tramp Completion)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2023 19:28:02 +0000

Your bug report

#60505: 29.0.60; Fido Mode and Tramp Completion

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
60505: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=60505
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#60505: 29.0.60; Fido Mode and Tramp Completion
From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
To: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
Cc: Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]>, Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], Gregory Heytings <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2023 20:26:51 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Version: 29.2

Michael Albinus <[email-masked]> writes:

> There are still some cases it doesn't work as expected (user name
> completion to be mentioned); I'll continue to work on this.

This works now fine, and also multi-hop completion passes the tests. I'm
closing this bug (and the merged ones).

Best regards, Michael.

Subject: 29.0.60; Fido Mode and Tramp Completion
From: Julien Roy <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2023 14:37:31 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

When I C-x C-f and start typing a TRAMP session to an SSH host, for instance
`/ssh:`, then hit <tab>, I see a list of known hosts proposed for
completion. This is the expected behavior. If I then enable fido-mode
and do the same, instead of having known hosts proposed when hitting
<tab>, I only get a list of TRAMP methods for completion, eg. `ssh:`,
`sshx:` and `sshfs:`. I would expect to also have known hosts on
fido-mode.

To reproduce, open emacs -Q; then:
C-x C-f /ssh: <tab>
(This produces the expected behavior of proposing known hosts)
M-x fido-mode
C-x C-f /ssh: <tab>
(Now, only TRAMP methods are proposed for completion)

In GNU Emacs 29.0.60 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
 3.24.35, cairo version 1.17.6) of 2022-12-27 built on localhost
Repository revision: ba1ddea9dabf51c9c6e463d667bcce0b48294453
Repository branch: emacs-29
System Description: Gentoo Linux

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/usr --build=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
 --host=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu --mandir=/usr/share/man
 --infodir=/usr/share/info --datadir=/usr/share --sysconfdir=/etc
 --localstatedir=/var/lib --datarootdir=/usr/share
 --disable-silent-rules --docdir=/usr/share/doc/emacs-29.0.9999-r1
 --htmldir=/usr/share/doc/emacs-29.0.9999-r1/html --libdir=/usr/lib64
 --program-suffix=-emacs-29-vcs --includedir=/usr/include/emacs-29-vcs
 --infodir=/usr/share/info/emacs-29-vcs --localstatedir=/var
 --enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --without-compress-install --without-hesiod --without-pop
 --with-file-notification=inotify --with-pdumper --enable-acl
 --with-dbus --with-modules --without-gameuser --with-libgmp --with-gpm
 --with-native-compilation=aot --without-json --without-kerberos
 --without-kerberos5 --with-lcms2 --with-xml2 --without-mailutils
 --without-selinux --without-sqlite3 --with-gnutls --without-libsystemd
 --with-threads --with-tree-sitter --without-wide-int --with-sound=alsa
 --with-zlib --with-pgtk --without-x --without-ns
 --with-toolkit-scroll-bars --without-gconf --with-gsettings
 --with-harfbuzz --without-libotf --without-m17n-flt --without-xwidgets
 --with-gif --with-jpeg --with-png --with-rsvg --with-tiff --with-webp
 --without-imagemagick --with-dumping=pdumper 'CFLAGS=-march=znver2 -O2
 -pipe' 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1 -Wl,--as-needed''

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
LCMS2 LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PGTK PNG RSVG
SECCOMP SOUND THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER WEBP XIM GTK3
ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_MONETARY: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LC_TIME: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.utf8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Org

Minor modes in effect:
  flyspell-mode: t
  org-indent-mode: t
  server-mode: t
  fido-vertical-mode: t
  icomplete-vertical-mode: t
  icomplete-mode: t
  fido-mode: t
  pixel-scroll-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  global-hl-line-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  global-prettify-symbols-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/cmake-mode hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/cmake/cmake-mode
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/desktop-entry-mode hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/desktop-file-utils/desktop-entry-mode

Features:
(shadow emacsbug flyspell ispell org-indent org-element org-persist
org-id org-refile avl-tree generator oc-basic ol-eww eww xdg url-queue
ol-rmail ol-mhe ol-irc ol-info ol-gnus nnselect ol-docview doc-view
filenotify jka-compr image-mode exif ol-bibtex bibtex ol-bbdb ol-w3m
ol-doi org-link-doi org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp
org-macro org-src ob-comint org-pcomplete org-list org-footnote
org-faces org-entities noutline outline ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval
org-cycle org-table ol org-fold org-fold-core org-keys oc org-loaddefs
find-func cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs org-version org-compat org-macs
ebuild-mode skeleton sh-script smie treesit executable bookmark
gnus-notifications gnus-fun notifications mule-util sort gnus-cite
smiley qp mm-archive mail-extr textsec uni-scripts idna-mapping
ucs-normalize uni-confusable textsec-check gnus-async gnus-bcklg gnus-ml
disp-table gnus-topic nndraft nnmh nnrss mm-url nnfolder utf-7 epa-file
network-stream nsm gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual
gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime gnutls dig
gnus-cache gnus-sum shr pixel-fill kinsoku url-file svg dom comp
comp-cstr server display-line-numbers cl-extra checkdoc lisp-mnt
help-mode flymake-proc flymake project compile warnings thingatpt init
init-mentor init-flyspell init-flymake help-at-pt init-tramp init-modus
modus-vivendi-theme modus-themes pcase init-fido icomplete init-gnus
smtpmail gnus-demon nntp gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-dbus dbus
xml gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 gnus-spec gnus-win nnoo
gnus-int gnus-range message sendmail yank-media puny rfc822 mml mml-sec
epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mailabbrev gmm-utils
mailheader gnus nnheader gnus-util text-property-search mail-utils range
mm-util mail-prsvr init-org init-ui pixel-scroll cua-base dired
dired-loaddefs elec-pair delsel hl-line init-packages lxd-tramp tramp
tramp-loaddefs trampver tramp-integration cus-edit pp cus-load icons
wid-edit files-x tramp-compat rx shell pcomplete comint ansi-osc
ansi-color ring parse-time iso8601 time-date ls-lisp format-spec
use-package use-package-ensure use-package-delight use-package-diminish
use-package-bind-key bind-key easy-mmode use-package-core site-gentoo
mentor-autoloads xml-rpc-autoloads async-autoloads
org-contacts-autoloads yaml-mode-autoloads url-scgi-autoloads package
browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history
url-cookie generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers
url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs password-cache
json subr-x map byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile url-vars cl-loaddefs
cl-lib rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/pgtk-win
pgtk-win term/common-win pgtk-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt
fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode
register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors
frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic indonesian philippine
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure
cl-preloaded button loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp
files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting cairo gtk pgtk lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process
native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 689456 32101)
 (symbols 48 30811 5)
 (strings 32 167646 8527)
 (string-bytes 1 23679638)
 (vectors 16 82271)
 (vector-slots 8 2107107 230233)
 (floats 8 487 403)
 (intervals 56 2195 393)
 (buffers 984 27))
<#secure method=pgpmime mode=sign>

-- 
Julien