Subject: Re: bug#60505: 29.0.60; Fido Mode and Tramp Completion

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2023 16:09:17 +0100

Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi Michael,

>> I'm very sorry about this. Strangely, I cannot reproduce the problem
>> with your recipe.
>
> If it matters: maybe it depends on PATH?  Mine currently looks like
>
>   /home/micha/bin:.:/home/micha/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/local/games:/usr/games
>
> And I'm using non-standard shells (fish, elvish).

Anything goes, but it doesn't look like it is related. We're speaking
about Tramp file name completion (method or host part), so only
directory names like "/xxx", w/o a slash except the very first one, would matter.

Which directory is meant by "."? Being curious, would it help to remove
it from your PATH temporarily?

> Michael.

Best regards, Michael.