Subject: bug#6049: closed (Re: bug#6049: 24.0.50; Newline sometimes get swallowed in Bidi display)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 09:42:02 +0000

Your bug report

#6049: 24.0.50; Newline sometimes get swallowed in Bidi display

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
6049: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=6049
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#6049: 24.0.50; Newline sometimes get swallowed in Bidi display
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: David Kastrup <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 12:39:54 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> From: David Kastrup <[email-masked]>
> Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 11:28:40 +0200
> Cc: 
> 
> Start the Emacs hello file with C-h h.  Move the cursor on the
> right-to-left mark in the Arabic line (it is enclosed by two parens, the
> known compositing bug).  Press C-l for recentering.  Sometimes the
> following line (Bengali) is mangled into the Arabic line.  It is not
> clear to me when this happens: it apparently depends on the window
> size/the current window contents non-locally.  I include a screenshot of
> when this happens.

Seems to be fixed by revno 100276.

Subject: 24.0.50; Newline sometimes get swallowed in Bidi display
From: David Kastrup <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 11:28:40 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Start the Emacs hello file with C-h h.  Move the cursor on the
right-to-left mark in the Arabic line (it is enclosed by two parens, the
known compositing bug).  Press C-l for recentering.  Sometimes the
following line (Bengali) is mangled into the Arabic line.  It is not
clear to me when this happens: it apparently depends on the window
size/the current window contents non-locally.  I include a screenshot of
when this happens.

In GNU Emacs 24.0.50.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.20.0)
 of 2010-04-27 on lola
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.10706000
configured using `configure  '--prefix=/usr/local/emacs' '--without-toolkit-scroll-bars' 'CFLAGS=-O2 -fno-crossjumping -g''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
  TeX-PDF-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  minibuffer-electric-default-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  view-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow emacsbug pp descr-text thai-util thai-word mule-util lao-util
help-mode view sort qp gnus-cite smiley ansi-color mail-extr gnus-async
gnus-bcklg gnus-ml disp-table nnfolder parse-time timezone nnnil pop3
nnml nndraft nnmh auth-source netrc gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score
score-mode nnvirtual gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 epg-config mm-view
smime password-cache dig mailcap nntp gnus-cache gnus-mlspl gnus-sum
nnoo gnus-group time-date gnus-undo nnmail mail-source format-spec
gnus-start gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message rfc822 mml mml-sec
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win diary-lib
diary-loaddefs cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs doc-view image-mode vc-cvs
info sh-script executable make-mode dired-x dired-aux dired meta-mode
latexenc lilypond-mode compile comint ring conf-mode newcomment
jka-compr scheme vc-git cc-mode cc-fonts cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles
cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs vc-rcs preview prv-emacs byte-opt
reftex-vcr reftex-dcr reftex-auc reftex reftex-vars tex-bar tex-buf
toolbar-x noutline outline font-latex bytecomp byte-compile latex
easy-mmode edmacro kmacro tex-style tex regexp-opt easymenu advice
help-fns advice-preload desktop minibuf-eldef gnus gnus-ems nnheader
gnus-util mail-utils mm-util mail-prsvr wid-edit cus-start cus-load
preview-latex tex-site auto-loads server tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image fringe
lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar
mldrag mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham
georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic
indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple
abbrev loaddefs button minibuffer faces cus-face files text-properties
overlay md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process dbusbind
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting gtk x-toolkit x
multi-tty emacs)

-- 
David Kastrup