Subject: Re: bug#60470: 26.3; Doc string of `recentf-keep'

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 01 Jan 2023 19:51:02 +0200

> From: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
> Date: Sun, 1 Jan 2023 16:39:40 +0000
> 
> Please consider saying in the doc string what it means to "keep" a file
> name in the recent list.
> 
> The doc string goes into what it means to be a predicate, but it says
> nothing, really, about what this option means/does, because it tells you
> nothing about what "keeping" amounts to.

I've rad the doc string, and I see nothing wrong with it.  In
particular, I did find there the explanation of what "keeping" means.

So I'm closing this bug.

> Also, a nit: when used as a noun phrase, "filename" should be "file
> name".  (When used as an adjective before a noun phrase it should be
> "file-name".  We use (should use) "filename" only in some function
> etc. names, not in the doc.

Noted.