Subject: bug#60467: 30.0.50; primitive-undo: Changes to be undone by function different from announced

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2023 16:41:34 +0300

> Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2023 11:28:33 +0000
> From: Gregory Heytings <[email-masked]>
> cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], 
>     [email-masked], [email-masked]
> 
> > Can we please finish handling of this issue?
> 
> It's not clear to me what you want: do you want to fix this issue on the 
> emacs-29 branch or on the master branch?

I suggested to install your fix on master.

> We now have two bug reports on this (the one by Frédéric Giquel in
> this bug, and the one by Eason Huang in bug#64989).  I just verified
> (again) that the Fix-combine-change-call-with-timestamps patch fixes
> these two recipes.

If bug#64989 could be fixed by a simpler, safer change (which remains
to be seen), we might do that on emacs-29.  If not, at least we will
have this fixed in Emacs 30.

Thanks.