Subject: bug#60465: 29.0.60; File missing error when calling treesit-install-language-grammar

From: Wilhelm Kirschbaum <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 01 Jan 2023 13:28:38 +0200

I am getting the following if the [home emacs config 
dir]/tree-sitter directory don't exist yet. 

Warning (treesit): Error encountered when installing language 
grammar:
(file-missing Opening output file No such file or directory [home 
emacs
config dir]/tree-sitter/libtree-sitter-elixir.so)

Adding the following fixes the issue for me:

modified   lisp/treesit.el
@@ -2772,6 +2772,7 @@ treesit--install-language-grammar-1
                       (rx bos (+ anychar) ".o" eos))
                    "-o" ,lib-name))
           ;; Copy out.
+          (make-directory out-dir t)
           (copy-file lib-name (file-name-as-directory out-dir) t 
           t)
           (message "Library installed to %s/%s" out-dir 
           lib-name))
       (when (file-exists-p workdir)

Please let me know if I am a bit aggressive with these reports, 
not sure
if I am more annoying or somewhat helpful. Is there perhaps a 
better
way to give feedback?

Wilhelm