Subject: Re: bug#60464: 29.0.60; Regression - pcomplete-arg fails with argument 'last

From: Daniel Mendler <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2023 16:22:53 +0100

On 1/4/23 16:18, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>> Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2023 16:14:14 +0100
>> Cc: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>,
>>  Jim Porter <[email-masked]>, Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>,
>>  [email-masked]
>> From: Daniel Mendler <[email-masked]>
>>
>> Your implementation with the 'last condition doesn't make sense.
> 
> "Doesn't make sense" is a harsh judgment of someone's code, and I have
> hard time believing Gregory's deserves that.  Please try to be kinder
> in how you express your disagreements with someone else's code.

I try to formulate it more fairly. In my opinion Gregory's patches so
far did not fix the issue in a way which is future-proof. The first
prematurely installed patch was obviously broken. The current proposal
introduces an unexpected special casing, where it would be better if the
function behaves uniformly for all arguments.

Daniel