Subject: 29.0.60; Regression - pcomplete-arg fails with argument 'last

From: Daniel Mendler <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 01 Jan 2023 11:47:14 +0100

Follow up on bug#60021

1. M-x eshell
2. Enter `ls *.el` in a directory with Elisp files
3. Press TAB

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument number-or-marker-p last)
  (pcomplete-arg last)
  (pcomplete-parse-arguments nil)
  (pcomplete-completions)
  (pcomplete-completions-at-point)
  (#<subr completion--capf-wrapper> pcomplete-completions-at-point all)
  (corfu--capf-wrapper-advice #<subr completion--capf-wrapper> pcomplete-completions-at-point all)
  (apply corfu--capf-wrapper-advice #<subr completion--capf-wrapper> (pcomplete-completions-at-point all))
  (completion--capf-wrapper pcomplete-completions-at-point all)
  (completion-at-point)
  (funcall-interactively completion-at-point)
  (command-execute completion-at-point)

In GNU Emacs 29.0.60 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, cairo
 version 1.16.0, Xaw scroll bars) of 2022-12-30 built on projects
Repository revision: d086cd6cf877c6ca7af6712f9b79b52dd0caa934
Repository branch: emacs-29
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12004000
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)