Subject: bug#60464: 29.0.60; Regression - pcomplete-arg fails with argument 'last

From: Daniel Mendler <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 1 Jan 2023 12:21:32 +0100

On 1/1/23 12:16, Gregory Heytings wrote:
> 
>>
>> Follow up on bug#60021
>>
>> 1. M-x eshell
>> 2. Enter `ls *.el` in a directory with Elisp files
>> 3. Press TAB
>>
> 
> Thanks for your bug report.  It was not necessary to open another bug 
> report, I've seen your post in bug#60021 and am working on it.  Note that 
> with 'ls *.el SPC TAB', which is something that is more likely to be used, 
> there is no error.

Okay, I wasn't sure if my other mail got lost. Anyway I wanted to attach
the additional stack trace. The problem occurs only if 'last is passed,
therefore the issue probably doesn't occur for `ls *.el SPC TAB`.

You may want to try my Corfu completion UI for testing, even if you
don't like popups for completion or auto completion. It is helpful for
debugging since the UI asks the completion table for completions very
often, in particular if one configures overly aggressive settings (not
recommended for real usage):

(setq corfu-auto-delay 0)
(setq corfu-auto-prefix 1)
(global-corfu-mode)

Daniel