Subject: Re: [bug#60448] [PATCH 0/6] gnu: po4a: Update to 0.68

From: gemmaro <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 08 Jan 2023 12:30:20 +0900

(Sorry, I had the wrong address and will resend.)

Hello,

Julien Lepiller <[email-masked]> writes:

> Pushed to master as 62ee1c4b47c6e1e62314223d62a5d54162a23fa8 -
> a1f9eba892784069e34338e01237a74b8a3bd8a2, thank you!
>
> I made some changes, but the series was really good overall! The main
> change is that I integrated your copyright to the first patch that
> modified the file.
>
> I've left updating the process to later. We'll want to do it though,
> the new interface looks really cool for our use-case, especially
> because it supports using a single pot for multiple files (think
> guix.texi and contributing.texi that currently raise a warning).
>
> I'm happy to help if you want to try, otherwise I'll probably do it
> sometime :)

Thank you very much!  Actually, I am new to both Guix and Guile Scheme,
but if I can be of any help, I would be happy to try to contribute.

Two points of concern at this time are as follows:

* My current understanding of Guix's internationalization process is
  that translations are updated on Weblate and that translated documents
  are generated with po4a.  It seems that the current file structure and
  options should not be changed significantly after the change.

* A configuration file must be given to the integrated po4a command.  In
  the long run, there might be a room to consider how this configuration
  file should be managed, i.e., whether it should be automatically
  generated by Guile or updated manually.  (At this point, the file
  structure is simple enough that the latter might be enough.)

Anyway, I will try to think about how to update the process.

Sincerely,
gemmaro