Subject: 29.0.60; c-ts-mode: Consider re-using c-file-style and c-basic-offset

From: Mohammed Sadiq <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2022 08:47:44 +0530

It would be nice if c-ts-mode respects c-file-style and c-basic-offset
instead of its own variables.  Also I wish c-ts-mode respects other 
c-mode
variables (ie, cc-styles.el) so that I could use the same c-mode conf 
for
c-ts-mode too, eg., I could use:

/* -*- c-file-style: "gnu"; c-basic-offset: 4; -*- */

as file variables which would work both in c-mode and c-ts-mode, or the
following in dir-locals:

((nil . ((fill-column . 80)))
   (c-ts-mode . ((c-file-style . "GNU")
                 (c-file-offsets
                 (brace-list-intro . +)))))

Whether the mode used for C source file is c-ts-mode or c-mode is an
implementation detail as far as the settings are concerned (because I
don't want different styles for my code depending on the mode used).

I'm not asking about implementing the spacing and indentation rules, but
when they do, it would be nice if they re-use the same c-mode variable
names.

cheers,
Mohammed Sadiq

In GNU Emacs 29.0.60 (build 3, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
  3.24.35, cairo version 1.16.0) of 2022-12-30 built on purism
Repository revision: 4922de626f05f0c26bc732b082c30c5c18a88416
Repository branch: emacs-29
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 
11.0.12101004
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux bookworm/sid

Configured using:
  'configure --prefix=/usr'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
JSON LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES NOTIFY
INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER WEBP X11 XDBE XIM XINPUT2 XPM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
   value of $LANG: en_IN.UTF-8
   value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
   locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
   tooltip-mode: t
   global-eldoc-mode: t
   eldoc-mode: t
   show-paren-mode: t
   electric-indent-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   tool-bar-mode: t
   menu-bar-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   font-lock-mode: t
   blink-cursor-mode: t
   line-number-mode: t
   indent-tabs-mode: t
   transient-mark-mode: t
   auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message mailcap yank-media puny dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg rfc6068
epg-config gnus-util text-property-search time-date subr-x mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
cl-loaddefs cl-lib sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util
mail-prsvr mail-utils rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel
term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs
theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind inotify lcms2
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit xinput2 x multi-tty make-network-process
emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 36077 7352)
  (symbols 48 5148 0)
  (strings 32 13069 1377)
  (string-bytes 1 368001)
  (vectors 16 9289)
  (vector-slots 8 147664 13259)
  (floats 8 21 24)
  (intervals 56 236 0)
  (buffers 984 11))