Subject: [bug#60429] [PATCH v2 0/5] gnu: yosys: Update to 0.24.

From: Simon South <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2023 13:31:26 -0500

Here's a revised patchset with a modified final patch that updates yosys to
version 0.25, released in the past week, instead of 0.24.  Everything else
remains unchanged.

I've re-tested this on x86-64 and AArch64 and everything appears fine.

Here's the original cover letter:

Here's a patch series that aims to improve the package for Yosys, a tool for
synthesizing Verilog RTL designs, by

- Updating the source-repository and home-page URLs to their current location;

- Updating the package definition to the modern style, using gexps and
  search-input-file;

- Having Yosys use the "abc" executable from Guix's package rather than
  creating and installing a duplicate copy;

- Explicitly propagating packages with executables Yosys invokes at runtime
  rather than embedding store references in Yosys' code; and

- Updating Yosys to version 0.24.

I've tested building the package and its dependencies on x86-64 and AArch64
and everything seems okay[0].  Again, arachne-pnr fails to build in any case
and will need separate attention.

[0] Yosys' README.md file includes sample sessions useful for testing,
    particularly whether external tools can be invoked via the "show" and
    "abc" commands:

    https://github.com/YosysHQ/yosys/blob/3ebc50d/README.md#getting-started

    The files "fiedler-cooley.v" and "mycells.lib" are present in the source
    tree.

--
Simon South
[email-masked]

Simon South (5):
  gnu: yosys: Update source and home-page URLs.
  gnu: yosys: Use new package style.
  gnu: yosys: Use external abc.
  gnu: yosys: Propagate external dependencies.
  gnu: yosys: Update to 0.25.

 gnu/packages/fpga.scm | 120 ++++++++++++++++--------------------------
 1 file changed, 45 insertions(+), 75 deletions(-)

base-commit: f5ea392b9cd3851ed7517876a8cd4beb13893c9c
-- 
2.38.1