Subject: Re: bug#60427: Emacs-29, c++-ts-mode: typing "char" into an empty buffer causes an exception in redisplay.

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2022 13:02:26 +0200

> Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2022 10:29:21 +0000
> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], [email-masked]
> From: Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]>
> 
> I've just downloaded the latest commits in the emacs-29 branch,
> bootstrapped, and I still see the problem, both in X GUI and on a Linux
> console.  Just as a matter of interest, I get the error after typing the
> h in "char", so the problem would appear not to be related to the
> specific character string "char".

I cannot reproduce this with the current emacs-29 branch, neither with
native-compilation nor without it.  I also tried in a -nw session, and
couldn't reproduce there as well.

How did you get and build the C++ grammar file for tree-sitter?  If
you cloned their repository, what is the last commit from which you
produced the shared library file?

And which version of the tree-sitter library are you using?

Finally, is the recipe you posted complete? are you sure you did
nothing else since starting Emacs?