Subject: Re: bug#60427: Emacs-29, c++-ts-mode: typing "char" into an empty buffer causes an exception in redisplay.

From: Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2022 10:29:21 +0000

Hello, Yuan.

On Fri, Dec 30, 2022 at 22:55:41 -0800, Yuan Fu wrote:

> > On Dec 30, 2022, at 10:42 PM, Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:

> >> Cc: [email-masked]
> >> From: Yuan Fu <[email-masked]>
> >> Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2022 17:02:36 -0800

> >> Thank you! I couldn’t reproduce it on the latest trunk

> > AFAIU, the report was about the emacs-29 branch, not about the master
> > branch.  So what did you mean by "latest trunk" above?

> Sorry, imprecise wording, I mean latest emacs-29 :-)

I've just downloaded the latest commits in the emacs-29 branch,
bootstrapped, and I still see the problem, both in X GUI and on a Linux
console.  Just as a matter of interest, I get the error after typing the
h in "char", so the problem would appear not to be related to the
specific character string "char".

As you mentioned, the backtrace now looks a bit different, namely:

  debug-early-backtrace()
  treesit-font-lock-fontify-region(1 5 nil)
  font-lock-default-fontify-region(1 5 nil)
  font-lock-fontify-region(1 5)
  #f(compiled-function (fun) #<bytecode -0x156e29a3e4e81ac3>)(font-lock-fontify-region)
  jit-lock--run-functions(1 5)
  jit-lock-fontify-now(1 5)
  jit-lock-function(1)
  redisplay_internal\ \(C\ function\)()

I forgot to give my configuration arguments, maybe that has something to
do with it.  They're:

  ./configure --with-gif=no --with-tiff=no --with-gpm --with-native-compilation

..

> Yuan

-- 
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).