Subject: bug#60425: Maybe a security issue

From: Fabio Luiz Barbosa <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2022 13:48:58 -0300

Hi there,

so I was doing a test but am unsure if it is a bug from sed or a known
behavior from sed nor if it is considered a security issue.

On the test, I was able to "write" in a file that the permission is 400 the
only way to "avoid it" is to alter the permission to 000.

Using setfacl or other means to manipulate the permission level was not
effective.

If this is a known issue from sed, from internal sed "working way" or it
was already fixed in newer versions please do not consider this message.

====================================================================
sed --version
sed (GNU sed) 4.7
Packaged by Debian
Copyright (C) 2018 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <
https://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>.
This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it.
There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.

Written by Jay Fenlason, Tom Lord, Ken Pizzini,
Paolo Bonzini, Jim Meyering, and Assaf Gordon.
GNU sed home page: <https://www.gnu.org/software/sed/>.
General help using GNU software: <https://www.gnu.org/gethelp/>.
E-mail bug reports to: <[email-masked]>