Subject: Re: bug#60423: 29.0.60; goto-address and shr/textsec don't play nicely together

From: Mike Kupfer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2024 14:52:49 -0700

Stefan Monnier wrote:

> In this case the problem is that two packages compete for the same URL.
> I think it makes sense for goto-address to "leave text alone" in this
> case, but the question remains of how to detect *this* situation.
> 
> The underlying text having a `face` property doesn't seem sufficient
> (especially since multiple `face` properties get merged, so the
> conflict is less severe).
> Maybe it should check for the presence of `help-echo and (follow-link
> or keymap)`?  And make sure the those properties cover exactly the same
> chunk of text?

As far as covering the same chunk of text, I'll need to play with this
some more to see what works.  shr-tag-a inserts a warning emoji with a
help-echo property, which goto-address somehow manages to clobber.  That
warning emoji is not something goto-address would normally be looking
for.

mike