Subject: Bug found during guix pull

From: Hannes Walter <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2022 21:43:12 +0100

Hello,

I am still very new to guile and guix, so I'm sorry for what might be an 
incomplete bug report. After installing guix from the installation 
script 
(https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/plain/etc/guix-install.sh) 
and installing guile I ran guix pull which terminated with the log below.

Since it does say something about networking issues I should point out 
that because our ISP has not yet been able to set up a proper internet 
connection we have been making due with an LTE connection which has been 
a bit spotty.

Hope any of this helps

Regards,

Hannes Walter

hannes@triton:~$ guix pull

hint: Consider installing the `glibc-locales' package and defining 
`GUIX_LOCPATH', along these lines:

      guix install glibc-locales
      export GUIX_LOCPATH="$HOME/.guix-profile/lib/locale"

See the "Application Setup" section in the manual, for more info.

Updating channel 'guix' from Git repository at 
'https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git'...
Authenticating channel 'guix', commits 9edb3f6 to 03544dd (1,373 new 
commits)...
Building from this channel:
   guix      https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git    03544dd
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
  config.scm  501B 62KiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
  git.scm  101B 135KiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
  hash.scm  130B 98KiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
  module-import  2KiB 320KiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
  module-import-compiled  1.2MiB 1.3MiB/s 00:01 [##################] 100.0%
  compute-guix-derivation  1KiB 1.2MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
  curl-7.84.0-doc  667KiB 692.9MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
  nghttp2-1.44.0-lib  86KiB 114.0MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
  openssl-1.1.1l  1.6MiB 5.5MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
  mit-krb5-1.19.2  1.0MiB 3.3MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
  curl-7.84.0  389KiB 633.4MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
  expat-2.4.1  97KiB 160.5MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
  curl-7.79.1  377KiB 442.3MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
  dbus-1.12.20  266KiB 1.7MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
  git-minimal-2.38.1  4.5MiB 3.4MiB/s 00:01 [##################] 100.0%
  guix-daemon-1.4.0  259KiB 459.6MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
  libgit2-1.3.0  590KiB 1.04GiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
  libssh-0.9.6  236KiB 758KiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
  guile-git-0.5.2  496KiB 3.2MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
  guile-ssh-0.16.0  245KiB 704KiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
  util-linux-2.37.2-lib  1.7MiB 4.7MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
  guile-ssh-0.16.0-debug  249KiB 430.6MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 
100.0%
  glib-2.70.2  2.7MiB 2.34GiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
  avahi-0.8  384KiB 660.8MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
  guile-avahi-0.4.0-1.6d43caf  53KiB 90.4MiB/s 00:00 
[##################] 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
  gnutls-3.7.2-doc  1.0MiB 4.1MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
  gnutls-3.7.2-debug  4.4MiB 1.1MiB/s 00:04 [##################] 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
  graphviz-2.49.0-doc  2.0MiB 1.6MiB/s 00:01 [##################] 100.0%
  binutils-2.37  5.0MiB 1.2MiB/s 00:04 [##################] 100.0%
  file-5.39  279KiB 602.6MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
  font-dejavu-2.37  2.3MiB 2.5MiB/s 00:01 [##################] 100.0%
  fribidi-1.0.9  71KiB 346KiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
  fontconfig-minimal-2.13.94  152KiB 453KiB/s 00:00 [##################] 
100.0%
  glibc-2.33-static  1.3MiB 1.2MiB/s 00:01 [##################] 100.0%
  glibc-utf8-locales-2.33  382KiB 2.3MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
  graphite2-1.3.13  90KiB 367KiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
  gts-0.7.6  273KiB 516KiB/s 00:01 [##################] 100.0%
  icu4c-69.1  9.1MiB 2.0MiB/s 00:04 [##################] 100.0%
  ld-wrapper-0  13KiB 26.9MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
  harfbuzz-2.8.2  813KiB 1.8MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
  libdatrie-0.2.13  38KiB 72.4MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
  libice-1.0.10  75KiB 156.8MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
  libjpeg-turbo-2.0.5  377KiB 1.2MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
  libltdl-2.4.6  34KiB 262KiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
  gd-2.3.2  124KiB 2.1MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
  libsigsegv-2.13  16KiB 45.4MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
  libsm-1.2.3  41KiB 87.7MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
  gawk-5.1.0  1.1MiB 8.4MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
  libthai-0.1.28  162KiB 1.8MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
  libxext-1.3.4  35KiB 91.5MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
  libxrender-0.9.10  22KiB 46.8MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
  libxt-1.2.1  193KiB 418.2MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
  libxft-2.3.3  45KiB 89.4MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
  libxmu-1.1.3  73KiB 140.0MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
  libxpm-3.5.13  54KiB 416KiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
  lz4-1.9.3  156KiB 586KiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
  libxaw-1.0.14  322KiB 665.4MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
  pixman-0.40.0  233KiB 499.9MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
  sed-4.8  224KiB 443.0MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
  cairo-1.16.0  644KiB 861.6MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
  apr-1.7.0  297KiB 567.8MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
  pango-1.48.10  344KiB 1.2MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
  apr-util-1.6.1  156KiB 476KiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
  graphviz-2.49.0  1.2MiB 2.8MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
  serf-1.3.9  74KiB 145.8MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
  utf8proc-2.5.0  52KiB 100.9MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
  subversion-1.14.1  2.4MiB 2.2MiB/s 00:01 [##################] 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
  zlib-1.2.11  77KiB 71.9MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
  gcc-10.3.0  24.0MiB 1.7MiB/s 00:15 [##################] 100.0%
  ruby-2.7.7  5.4MiB 548KiB/s 00:10 [##################] 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
Backtrace:
           19 (primitive-load 
"/gnu/store/9iklziac0sw045hidbl5y7y8rppl7rbd-compute-guix-derivation")
In ice-9/eval.scm:
     155:9 18 (_ _)
     159:9 17 (_ #(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#<directory (guile-u?> 
?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?))
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
     152:2 16 (with-fluid* _ _ _)
     152:2 15 (with-fluid* _ _ _)
In ./guix/store.scm:
   2170:24 14 (run-with-store #<store-connection 256.99 7f75d283c140> 
#<procedure 7f75c3499370 at ./guix/self.scm:13?> ?)
    1998:8 13 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 7f75d283c140>)
In ./guix/gexp.scm:
    299:22 12 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 7f75d283c140>)
    1180:2 11 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 7f75be3ac140>)
    1046:2 10 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 7f75be3ac140>)
     892:4  9 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 7f75be3ac140>)
In ./guix/store.scm:
   2055:12  8 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 7f75be3ac140>)
   1407:13  7 (map/accumulate-builds #<store-connection 256.99 
7f75be3ac140> #<procedure 7f75bb02b320 at ./guix/stor?> ?)
   1407:13  6 (map/accumulate-builds #<store-connection 256.99 
7f75be3ac140> #<procedure 7f75ba778040 at ./guix/stor?> ?)
   1407:13  5 (map/accumulate-builds #<store-connection 256.99 
7f75be3ac140> #<procedure 7f75b7b9ece0 at ./guix/stor?> ?)
   1407:13  4 (map/accumulate-builds #<store-connection 256.99 
7f75be3ac140> #<procedure 7f75bb362c60 at ./guix/stor?> ?)
   1407:13  3 (map/accumulate-builds #<store-connection 256.99 
7f75be3ac140> #<procedure 7f75b58b3740 at ./guix/stor?> ?)
    1403:5  2 (map/accumulate-builds #<store-connection 256.99 
7f75be3ac140> #<procedure 7f75b7811ce0 at ./guix/stor?> ?)
   1419:15  1 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 7f75be3ac140> 
("/gnu/store/8fr821my3ppjrfbsz7jza61773qc0raj-po4a-0.63.drv") ?)
   1419:15  0 (loop #f)

./guix/store.scm:1419:15: In procedure loop:
ERROR:
   1. &store-protocol-error:
       message: "some substitutes for the outputs of derivation 
`/gnu/store/8fr821my3ppjrfbsz7jza61773qc0raj-po4a-0.63.drv' failed 
(usually happens due to networking issues); try `--fallback' to build 
derivation from source "
       status: 1
guix pull: error: You found a bug: the program 
'/gnu/store/9iklziac0sw045hidbl5y7y8rppl7rbd-compute-guix-derivation'
failed to compute the derivation for Guix (version: 
"03544dd8e8a1a94e88e097e7442b469f3a999232"; system: "x86_64-linux";
host version: "1.4.0"; pull-version: 1).
Please report the COMPLETE output above by email to <[email-masked]>.