Subject: bug#60420: closed (Close)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 06 Jul 2025 18:01:08 +0000

Your bug report

#60420: Bug found during guix pull

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
60420: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=60420
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Close
From: Andreas Enge <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2025 19:59:53 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Closing, as a probably transient network failure.

Andreas

Subject: Bug found during guix pull
From: Hannes Walter <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2022 21:43:12 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

I am still very new to guile and guix, so I'm sorry for what might be an 
incomplete bug report. After installing guix from the installation 
script 
(https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/plain/etc/guix-install.sh) 
and installing guile I ran guix pull which terminated with the log below.

Since it does say something about networking issues I should point out 
that because our ISP has not yet been able to set up a proper internet 
connection we have been making due with an LTE connection which has been 
a bit spotty.

Hope any of this helps

Regards,

Hannes Walter

hannes@triton:~$ guix pull

hint: Consider installing the `glibc-locales' package and defining 
`GUIX_LOCPATH', along these lines:

      guix install glibc-locales
      export GUIX_LOCPATH="$HOME/.guix-profile/lib/locale"

See the "Application Setup" section in the manual, for more info.

Updating channel 'guix' from Git repository at 
'https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git'...
Authenticating channel 'guix', commits 9edb3f6 to 03544dd (1,373 new 
commits)...
Building from this channel:
   guix      https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git    03544dd
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
  config.scm  501B 62KiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
  git.scm  101B 135KiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
  hash.scm  130B 98KiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
  module-import  2KiB 320KiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
  module-import-compiled  1.2MiB 1.3MiB/s 00:01 [##################] 100.0%
  compute-guix-derivation  1KiB 1.2MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
  curl-7.84.0-doc  667KiB 692.9MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
  nghttp2-1.44.0-lib  86KiB 114.0MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
  openssl-1.1.1l  1.6MiB 5.5MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
  mit-krb5-1.19.2  1.0MiB 3.3MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
  curl-7.84.0  389KiB 633.4MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
  expat-2.4.1  97KiB 160.5MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
  curl-7.79.1  377KiB 442.3MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
  dbus-1.12.20  266KiB 1.7MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
  git-minimal-2.38.1  4.5MiB 3.4MiB/s 00:01 [##################] 100.0%
  guix-daemon-1.4.0  259KiB 459.6MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
  libgit2-1.3.0  590KiB 1.04GiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
  libssh-0.9.6  236KiB 758KiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
  guile-git-0.5.2  496KiB 3.2MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
  guile-ssh-0.16.0  245KiB 704KiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
  util-linux-2.37.2-lib  1.7MiB 4.7MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
  guile-ssh-0.16.0-debug  249KiB 430.6MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 
100.0%
  glib-2.70.2  2.7MiB 2.34GiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
  avahi-0.8  384KiB 660.8MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
  guile-avahi-0.4.0-1.6d43caf  53KiB 90.4MiB/s 00:00 
[##################] 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
  gnutls-3.7.2-doc  1.0MiB 4.1MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
  gnutls-3.7.2-debug  4.4MiB 1.1MiB/s 00:04 [##################] 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
  graphviz-2.49.0-doc  2.0MiB 1.6MiB/s 00:01 [##################] 100.0%
  binutils-2.37  5.0MiB 1.2MiB/s 00:04 [##################] 100.0%
  file-5.39  279KiB 602.6MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
  font-dejavu-2.37  2.3MiB 2.5MiB/s 00:01 [##################] 100.0%
  fribidi-1.0.9  71KiB 346KiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
  fontconfig-minimal-2.13.94  152KiB 453KiB/s 00:00 [##################] 
100.0%
  glibc-2.33-static  1.3MiB 1.2MiB/s 00:01 [##################] 100.0%
  glibc-utf8-locales-2.33  382KiB 2.3MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
  graphite2-1.3.13  90KiB 367KiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
  gts-0.7.6  273KiB 516KiB/s 00:01 [##################] 100.0%
  icu4c-69.1  9.1MiB 2.0MiB/s 00:04 [##################] 100.0%
  ld-wrapper-0  13KiB 26.9MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
  harfbuzz-2.8.2  813KiB 1.8MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
  libdatrie-0.2.13  38KiB 72.4MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
  libice-1.0.10  75KiB 156.8MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
  libjpeg-turbo-2.0.5  377KiB 1.2MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
  libltdl-2.4.6  34KiB 262KiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
  gd-2.3.2  124KiB 2.1MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
  libsigsegv-2.13  16KiB 45.4MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
  libsm-1.2.3  41KiB 87.7MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
  gawk-5.1.0  1.1MiB 8.4MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
  libthai-0.1.28  162KiB 1.8MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
  libxext-1.3.4  35KiB 91.5MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
  libxrender-0.9.10  22KiB 46.8MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
  libxt-1.2.1  193KiB 418.2MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
  libxft-2.3.3  45KiB 89.4MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
  libxmu-1.1.3  73KiB 140.0MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
  libxpm-3.5.13  54KiB 416KiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
  lz4-1.9.3  156KiB 586KiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
  libxaw-1.0.14  322KiB 665.4MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
  pixman-0.40.0  233KiB 499.9MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
  sed-4.8  224KiB 443.0MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
  cairo-1.16.0  644KiB 861.6MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
  apr-1.7.0  297KiB 567.8MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
  pango-1.48.10  344KiB 1.2MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
  apr-util-1.6.1  156KiB 476KiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
  graphviz-2.49.0  1.2MiB 2.8MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
  serf-1.3.9  74KiB 145.8MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
  utf8proc-2.5.0  52KiB 100.9MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
  subversion-1.14.1  2.4MiB 2.2MiB/s 00:01 [##################] 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
  zlib-1.2.11  77KiB 71.9MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
  gcc-10.3.0  24.0MiB 1.7MiB/s 00:15 [##################] 100.0%
  ruby-2.7.7  5.4MiB 548KiB/s 00:10 [##################] 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
Backtrace:
           19 (primitive-load 
"/gnu/store/9iklziac0sw045hidbl5y7y8rppl7rbd-compute-guix-derivation")
In ice-9/eval.scm:
     155:9 18 (_ _)
     159:9 17 (_ #(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#<directory (guile-u?> 
?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?))
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
     152:2 16 (with-fluid* _ _ _)
     152:2 15 (with-fluid* _ _ _)
In ./guix/store.scm:
   2170:24 14 (run-with-store #<store-connection 256.99 7f75d283c140> 
#<procedure 7f75c3499370 at ./guix/self.scm:13?> ?)
    1998:8 13 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 7f75d283c140>)
In ./guix/gexp.scm:
    299:22 12 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 7f75d283c140>)
    1180:2 11 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 7f75be3ac140>)
    1046:2 10 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 7f75be3ac140>)
     892:4  9 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 7f75be3ac140>)
In ./guix/store.scm:
   2055:12  8 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 7f75be3ac140>)
   1407:13  7 (map/accumulate-builds #<store-connection 256.99 
7f75be3ac140> #<procedure 7f75bb02b320 at ./guix/stor?> ?)
   1407:13  6 (map/accumulate-builds #<store-connection 256.99 
7f75be3ac140> #<procedure 7f75ba778040 at ./guix/stor?> ?)
   1407:13  5 (map/accumulate-builds #<store-connection 256.99 
7f75be3ac140> #<procedure 7f75b7b9ece0 at ./guix/stor?> ?)
   1407:13  4 (map/accumulate-builds #<store-connection 256.99 
7f75be3ac140> #<procedure 7f75bb362c60 at ./guix/stor?> ?)
   1407:13  3 (map/accumulate-builds #<store-connection 256.99 
7f75be3ac140> #<procedure 7f75b58b3740 at ./guix/stor?> ?)
    1403:5  2 (map/accumulate-builds #<store-connection 256.99 
7f75be3ac140> #<procedure 7f75b7811ce0 at ./guix/stor?> ?)
   1419:15  1 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 7f75be3ac140> 
("/gnu/store/8fr821my3ppjrfbsz7jza61773qc0raj-po4a-0.63.drv") ?)
   1419:15  0 (loop #f)

./guix/store.scm:1419:15: In procedure loop:
ERROR:
   1. &store-protocol-error:
       message: "some substitutes for the outputs of derivation 
`/gnu/store/8fr821my3ppjrfbsz7jza61773qc0raj-po4a-0.63.drv' failed 
(usually happens due to networking issues); try `--fallback' to build 
derivation from source "
       status: 1
guix pull: error: You found a bug: the program 
'/gnu/store/9iklziac0sw045hidbl5y7y8rppl7rbd-compute-guix-derivation'
failed to compute the derivation for Guix (version: 
"03544dd8e8a1a94e88e097e7442b469f3a999232"; system: "x86_64-linux";
host version: "1.4.0"; pull-version: 1).
Please report the COMPLETE output above by email to <[email-masked]>.