Subject: Re: bug#60418: [PATCH] Add :vc keyword to use-package

From: Tony Zorman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2023 21:39:47 +0200

On Sun, Apr 16 2023 19:10, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> Thanks, please see below a few minor comments.

Thanks for the comments! Sorry, I should have mirrored existing
conventions more closely (plus, proofreading; I reckon very few of the
"further"s would have survived even the first one). I do have one
question before preparing a new patch though.

>> +(defun use-package-handler/:vc (name _keyword arg rest state)
>> +  "Generate code for the :vc keyword."
>
> I don't think this is an accurate description of what the function
> does.  Also, we try very hard to mention at least the mandatory
> arguments in the first line of the doc strings.

I think I initially copied this from the handler for ":custom" (where
it's perhaps more applicable) and then forgot to change it. Still, I'm
not totally sure what to write here without assuming that the reader
already knows what the handler for a use-package keyword does (which is,
I guess, why none of the other handlers have much in the way of
documentation). Would it be a good idea to link to a relevant entry in
the info manual ((use-package) > Keyword extensions > Creating an
extension)?

Thanks again!

-- 
Tony Zorman | https://tony-zorman.com/