Subject: [bug#60386] [PATCH] gnu: Add guile-proba.

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2023 14:50:28 +0100

Hi!

Luis Felipe <[email-masked]> skribis:

> On Tuesday, January 10th, 2023 at 10:48, Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
>> I don’t think ‘guile-3.0’ and ‘texinfo’ need to be propagated, do they?
>
> They do? If I don't propagate them, running the "proba" script fails because the "proba" library can't be found and running "info guile-proba" the info command is not found (I just tried in a foreign distro and also using a pure shell on my Guix system). 

Check out the section on search paths (info "(guix) Search Paths").

In essence, INFOPATH won’t be set if you don’t have an Info reader
(‘info-reader’ or ‘emacs’) in the profile, because then you’d have no
way to read the Info file.  Yet, you shouldn’t force a specific Info
reader on the user via ‘propagated-inputs’.

The story is similar for ‘guile-3.0’.  Here, you should wrap or modify
the ‘proba’ script such that it automatically adds its own
$PKG/share/guile/site/3.0 to its .scm search path (and likewise for .go
files).

See for example the ‘mcron’ or ‘shepherd’ script of the same-named
packages, or see the ‘wrap-guilescript’ phase of the ‘guilescript’
package.

HTH!

Ludo’.