Subject: Re: bug#60377: [PATCH] gnu: Add charls

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2023 23:08:11 +0100

Hi,

Tor-björn Claesson <[email-masked]> skribis:

> gnu: Add charls
> ---
>  gnu/packages/image-processing.scm | 28 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Applied with a commit log that follows the ChangeLog format (see
<https://guix.gnu.org/manual/devel/en/html_node/Submitting-Patches.html>).

> Thanks for making GUIX, it is a lot of fun!

Heh, glad to share the fun.  :-)

> This is a package of charls, which is a dependency of gdcm, which I in
> turn need and am packaging.
>
> I'm able to build gdcm with this charls-package, and think this package
> seems fairly straight forward (though I don't have previous experience
> packaging for GUIX or writing Guile).
>
> I'm not sure about the style of the description, it is from the charls
> home-page, which I used since English is not my first language and I
> wanted to respect the original authors.

The package looks perfect to me.  Welcome on board!

Thanks,
Ludo’.