Subject: [bug#60368] [PATCH 0/2] Allow 'guix refresh' to downgrade packages when asked to

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2022 23:11:56 +0100

Hi Hartmut,

I figured changes from <https://issues.guix.gnu.org/57460> were not
applicable in some cases because of things that guard against
downgrade.

The following patches fix the use case where the user is explicitly
asking for a downgrade, as in:

  guix refresh [email-masked]=2.2.7
  guix refresh -u guile=3.0.0

Previously these wouldn’t do anything.

WDYT?

Ludo’.

Ludovic Courtès (2):
  refresh: Honor user-provided target version and report downgrades.
  upstream: Allow downgrades.

 guix/scripts/refresh.scm | 46 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++-------------
 guix/upstream.scm        | 17 ++++++++++++---
 2 files changed, 45 insertions(+), 18 deletions(-)

base-commit: fd0e69984f25bdf2405cf33b15a8bbb2010a7b85
-- 
2.38.1