Subject: [PATCH 0/4] Rationalize 'PS1' handling in home, system, and shell

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2022 22:23:42 +0100

Hello!

I found some things could be improved in how we deal with ‘PS1’ in
Guix Home, Guix System, and ‘guix shell’ (my initial motivation was
making it easy to change ‘PS1’ from a Home configuration).

These patches fiddle with ‘PS1’.  The most visible effect is that
Guix Home’s ~/.bashrc will no longer provide a default ‘PS1’.

Thoughts?

Ludo’.

Ludovic Courtès (4):
  system, home: Factorize default '.bashrc'.
  system: Define default 'PS1' in /etc/bashrc rather than ~/.bashrc.
  environment: Simplify 'PS1' suggestion on '--check'.
  environment: Avoid false positive on 'PS1' check.

 gnu/home/services/shells.scm | 41 +++---------------------------------
 gnu/system.scm               |  3 +++
 gnu/system/shadow.scm        | 33 +++++++++++++----------------
 guix/scripts/environment.scm | 12 ++++++-----
 4 files changed, 28 insertions(+), 61 deletions(-)

base-commit: 9369c1ccf47d9bf6f2e28a9454c1c329a2044f19
prerequisite-patch-id: aae3af39aa7753dd7ed6d0584587a06d51402386
-- 
2.38.1