Subject: Re: [PATCH v5 3/5] gnu: UCD: Add version 3.0-update1.

From: Vivien Kraus <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2022 11:56:39 +0100

Hi!

Le samedi 31 décembre 2022 à 07:49 +0100, Liliana Marie Prikler a
écrit :
> Am Freitag, dem 30.12.2022 um 22:20 +0100 schrieb Vivien Kraus:
> > * gnu/packages/unicode.scm (ucd3.0-update1): New variable.
> > ---
> Surely this must work with a newer UCD.  Perhaps not with 14, which
> is
> the currently packaged one, but what if we use 7, which is the first
> zipped one?  Using a newer UCD might also solve your Hangul problem.

If you look at gen-uni-tables.c in lib/, you will see that the
instructions insist on using PropList-3.0.1.txt from 3.0 update 1, in
addition to a recent UCD (there are 2 UCD inputs to the gnulib package:
the specific 3.0.1 ucd and the recent ucd − they don’t have colliding
file names). In theory, I would also update UCD, but it has a lot of
dependent packages so the update should go to the staging branch
instead.

There are no clear instructions on how to get HangulSyllableNames.txt,
so I’m hesitant to declare that version 7 will do.

Vivien