Subject: bug#60352: 30.0.50; Keep getting "Error in syntax_table logic for to-the-end intervals"

From: Ihor Radchenko <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2022 09:41:56 +0000

Hi,

I keep getting the following backtrace:

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "Error in syntax_table logic for to-the-end intervals")
  (re-search-forward "\\(?:\\(?:\\<DEADLINE: *\\(\\(?:<\\(?:[[:digit:]]\\{4\\}-[..." nil move)

It only happens in Emacs 30 (master) and is not regular.

The error sounds like some kind of internal error.
Does it signify some Emacs issue? Or may it be third-party code issue?

Best,
Ihor

In GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
 3.24.35, cairo version 1.17.6) of 2022-12-26 built on localhost
Repository revision: cc29fab3a66c59e77d0ff67c0f3e2e34ec80a03c
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101004
System Description: Gentoo Linux

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/usr --build=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
 --host=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu --mandir=/usr/share/man
 --infodir=/usr/share/info --datadir=/usr/share --sysconfdir=/etc
 --localstatedir=/var/lib --datarootdir=/usr/share
 --disable-silent-rules --docdir=/usr/share/doc/emacs-30.0.9999
 --htmldir=/usr/share/doc/emacs-30.0.9999/html --libdir=/usr/lib64
 --program-suffix=-emacs-30-vcs --includedir=/usr/include/emacs-30-vcs
 --infodir=/usr/share/info/emacs-30-vcs --localstatedir=/var
 --enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --without-compress-install --without-hesiod --without-pop
 --with-file-notification=inotify --with-pdumper --enable-acl
 --with-dbus --with-modules --without-gameuser --with-libgmp --with-gpm
 --with-native-compilation=aot --with-json --without-kerberos
 --without-kerberos5 --with-lcms2 --with-xml2 --without-mailutils
 --without-selinux --without-sqlite3 --with-gnutls --without-libsystemd
 --with-threads --without-tree-sitter --with-wide-int --with-sound=alsa
 --with-zlib --with-x --without-pgtk --without-ns --without-gconf
 --without-gsettings --without-toolkit-scroll-bars --with-xpm --with-xft
 --with-cairo --with-harfbuzz --without-libotf --without-m17n-flt
 --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-xwidgets --with-gif --with-jpeg --with-png
 --with-rsvg --with-tiff --without-webp --with-imagemagick
 --with-dumping=pdumper 'CFLAGS=-march=native -O3 -pipe'
 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1 -Wl,--as-needed''

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM HARFBUZZ IMAGEMAGICK
JPEG JSON LCMS2 LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG
RSVG SECCOMP SOUND THREADS TIFF X11 XDBE XIM XINPUT2 XPM XWIDGETS GTK3
ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_COLLATE: C
  value of $LANG: en_US.utf8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Memory information:
((conses 16 12323124 1209714)
 (symbols 48 88200 901)
 (strings 32 679891 79950)
 (string-bytes 1 56390157)
 (vectors 16 485822)
 (vector-slots 8 11654563 1455134)
 (floats 8 4210 7464)
 (intervals 56 230985 4918)
 (buffers 976 52))

-- 
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,
Learn more about Org mode at <https://orgmode.org/>.
Support Org development at <https://liberapay.com/org-mode>,
or support my work at <https://liberapay.com/yantar92>