Subject: Re: bug#6035: gud-key-prefix

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 04 Dec 2021 21:47:05 +0100

(I'm going through old bug reports that unfortunately weren't resolved
at the time.)

Lennart Borgman <[email-masked]> writes:

> Yes, the manual says nothing about C-x. In my opinion it should, but
> others disagreed in a recent discussion.

Yes, there's no rules for binding things under `C-x' -- the users can do
that, but modes are free to bind them, too, which is what gdb does.

> And yes, M-x gdb could use a global minor mode for the C-x C-a binding
> to avoid the problem:
>
> (define-key global-map "\C-x\C-a" (lambda () (interactive) (message
> "C-x C-a here!!")))

I don't think a mode here is necessary -- just defining a submap the
normal way should be sufficient.  So I've now done that in Emacs 29,
which makes the test case no longer bug out.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no