Subject: Re: bug#60338: [PATCH] Add option to present server changes as diffs

From: João Távora <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2023 10:55:56 +0100

Eshel Yaron <[email-masked]> writes:

> João Távora <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> OK, Eshel
>>
>> I think I fixed all these issues in the latest
>> fdf6c164efd0bb467d0d46460161c146e955a48c which I just
>> pushed to master.  Please have a look.
>
> Looks good, and works well too, thank you!

I'm glad to hear that.  I must say that altough I like the new
functionality myself -- both the new user option and the diff view --
the current implementation of the latter leaves much to be desired.

I've pushed a further commit to simplify it, but it's complicated and
brittle.  A little change to diff.el would simplify some of it, but then
you can't easily publish those changes to Emacs < 29.

Anyway I invite everyone to have a look and try to improve it, perhaps
moving it out of Eglot into the shiny new "refactoring interface" if
those ever become a thing.

In the meantime, I'm going to close this.  Thanks everybody.

João