Subject: Re: bug#60338: [PATCH] Add option to present server changes as diffs

From: Philip Kaludercic <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2022 14:28:50 +0000

Yuan Fu <[email-masked]> writes:

> Philip Kaludercic <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> X-CC-Debbugs: 
>>
>> I'd like to propose adding an option that makes server modifications by
>> Eglot less invasive.  The current behaviour is to make the changes
>> directly in a buffer and open the remaining files to make the
>> modifications in those as well (?).  If `eglot-use-diffs' is enabled,
>> all confirmations are prepared as patches in a pop-up buffer that the
>> user can review and apply at will.  To my knowledge there is no general
>> `diff-apply-hunk' that will apply all the changes from a buffer, but
>> that is a separate issue that can be fixed in a separate patch.
>>
>> (Note, I'm still testing emacs-29, so the patch was developed on that
>> branch.  But it should be applied to master)
>
> This seems really nice :-)

Have you tried it out?  My worry is that there are some simple changes
that don't warrant a diff, but I don't know how these can be
distinguished.