Subject: bug#60308: 30.0.50; Can't read some PDF files any more

From: Manuel Giraud <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 07 Jan 2023 19:37:23 +0100

Gregory Heytings <[email-masked]> writes:

>>
>> Here a first patch that prevent producing SVG when mutool has a
>> version > 1.20.  Feel free to comment and fix.
>>
>
> I just tried, and most PDF files are processed without problems with
> mutool 1.21.

It happens when a document contains a '<' character so it can be rare
for someone.

> So I'm not sure we should install such a workaround in Emacs, for a
> bug that happens in some cases for some specific versions (1.20 and
> 1.21) of a specific external program.

You are right that it should be a temporary bug in mupdf.  But I was
more worry of random page not rendering as it was before with DocView.
-- 
Manuel Giraud