Subject: Re: bug#60308: 30.0.50; Can't read some PDF files any more

From: Jean Louis <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2023 15:48:53 +0300

* Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> [2023-01-06 09:40]:
> Thanks.
> 
> So maybe the problem is updates to libraries/executables we use for
> viewing PDF?  AFAIR, this is DocView, and it use Ghostscript and
> libpng?  Maybe both Jean and Ihor had their systems updated
> recently?

I use Parabola GNU/Linux-libre.

After viewing PDF, I could see background process of mutool which was
making CPU busy for no apparent reason. Maybe it is related, I can't
know.

I can also observe that viewing DVI files with xdvi is terribly slow,
I can't know why, maybe it is related, maybe not.

--
Jean

Take action in Free Software Foundation campaigns:
https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

In support of Richard M. Stallman
https://stallmansupport.org/