Subject: bug#60308: closed (Re: bug#60308: 30.0.50; Can't read some PDF files any more)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2023 12:56:02 +0000

Your bug report

#60308: 30.0.50; Can't read some PDF files any more

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
60308: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=60308
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#60308: 30.0.50; Can't read some PDF files any more
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: Gregory Heytings <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2023 14:55:56 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2023 12:22:44 +0000
> From: Gregory Heytings <[email-masked]>
> cc: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], [email-masked], 
>     [email-masked]
> 
> 
> >> Thanks.  So this looks like a mutool bug, which generates incorrect SGV 
> >> files, right?
> >
> > Yep.  I just converted the PDF to SVG with mutool 1.19.0 and the 
> > resulting image displays correctly and there is no "<" in the file.
> >
> 
> Okay, so this bug should be reported to mupdf instead

They already released version 1.21.1, maybe it fixes this problem?

> and this one can be closed.

Right, done.

Subject: 30.0.50; Can't read some PDF files any more
From: Jean Louis <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2022 00:39:32 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

The attached PDF file I cannot read with emacs -Q including many other
files, not appearing for unknown reason. Before month or more it was all
working well.

In GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, cairo
 version 1.17.6, Xaw3d scroll bars) of 2022-12-22 built on
 protected.rcdrun.com
Repository revision: e98ab3f458b25812eff1b3a7ce6429caece4c891
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101004
System Description: Parabola GNU/Linux-libre

Configured using:
 'configure --with-x-toolkit=lucid --with-mailutils'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
JSON LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES NOTIFY INOTIFY
PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
TREE_SITTER WEBP X11 XAW3D XDBE XIM XINPUT2 XPM LUCID ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: de_DE.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=exwm-xim
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Dired by name

Minor modes in effect:
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message mailcap yank-media puny rfc822
mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util
text-property-search time-date mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils shell subr-x pcomplete comint
ansi-osc ansi-color ring doc-view filenotify jka-compr image-mode exif
dired-aux cl-loaddefs cl-lib dired dired-loaddefs rmc iso-transl tooltip
cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd
fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow
isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs
theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind inotify lcms2
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo x-toolkit
xinput2 x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 51499 5773)
 (symbols 48 6414 2)
 (strings 32 18519 1600)
 (string-bytes 1 533945)
 (vectors 16 13003)
 (vector-slots 8 182726 11451)
 (floats 8 57 22)
 (intervals 56 451 0)
 (buffers 984 14))

-- 
Jean

Take action in Free Software Foundation campaigns:
https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

In support of Richard M. Stallman
https://stallmansupport.org/